McEwan’s Party at The Palace is back for its third year following the fantastic event last summer. The 2 day party will take place on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th August in Linlithgow. It’s only 20 mins from Edinburgh and 35mins from Glasgow, making it one of the most easily accessible music festivals in Scotland.
We have some exciting additions to the 2016 event including a second stage for the first time, new street food outlets and a larger kids zone to keep the children entertained.
What tickets are available?
The limited number of Tier One Early Bird tickets sold out quickly but Tier Two Tickets are still available
Tier 2 tickets are priced as follows:
- Weekend Tier 2 adult ticket £79
- Single Day Tier 2 adult ticket £45
- Children aged 0 to 5 inclusive are free of charge.
- Children aged 6-15 inclusive are £5 per day
To further enhance your experience at McEwan’s Party at The Palace, why not go posh with our all new VIP Package
VIP tickets are available for £99 per day or as an upgrade to any adult day ticket for £55.The VIP experience includes:
- Fastrack entry on to the site.
- Entry into our exclusive VIP marquee with dedicated Bar.
- Lounge style occasional seating.
- Complimentary Souvenir Programme.
- Playsation and X Box Zone.
- Relaxing treatments from our team of therapists.
- Access to the exclusive VIP garden which includes:Dedicated garden cocktail bar.BBQ within the garden (voucher for something from the BBQ included). Our BBQ menu includes: Grilled chicken kebabs with grilled peppers and onion served in a pitta and bed of dressed cabbage served with chilli and yogurt sauce, 6 oz gourmet burger with lettuce and tomato served on a brioche bun with grilled onions and Scottish cheddar, Grilled hot baked potato served with grated cheddar and sour cream served with dressed side salad(veg), Chargrilled gourmet Suasage served on a fresh brioche torpedo roll with caramelised onion, Grilled Corn on the cobs(veg)
- Picnic Benches with a great view of the main stage, loch and Linlithgow Palace.
- And of course… posh loos which are attended throughout the day.
Gates open 12.30pm. First act 1.30pm. Last act on stage 8.30pm. Finishes 10pm (times are approximates). Small camping chairs are allowed in. Children are allowed in the VIP area with a VIP ticket however there are no reduced prices for children.
The local campsite in Linlithgow sold out quickly last year so be fast if you want to pitch your tent or bring your camper. Please contact the campsite directly. The campsite is situated at the west end of the loch around 15 minutes walk from the site. Glamping options will be available shortly.
All tickets are subject to a booking fee chargeable by the selling agent.
Can I give or sell my tickets to someone else?
Yes. But please seek advice on the various safe and ethical ways of disposing of unwanted tickets and acquiring them.
When are the Bands Playing?
The billing is as follows:
- Saturday main stage - The Proclaimers, The Fratellis, The Bootleg Beatles, Gun, Colonel Mustard and The Dijon 5, Lucia Fontaine
- Saturday Star and Garter Stage - Sinderins, Kelvin, Into The Ark, The Luci Bains Band, Saraswati, Crystal, Declan Welsh, Saskia Eng, Katie Doyle
- Sunday main stage - Billy Ocean, Andy Bell from Erasure, The Farm, Heaven 17, Big Country, Dirty Harry
- Sunday Star and Garter Stage - Ashton Lane, Apache Darling, 100 Fables, Scarlet Baxter, Katee Kross, Gavin Blackie, Anthony McElwee, Altinak
Children and Under 18s
Can I leave my children at the festival?
No – everyone under 16 has to be accompanied by a ticket-holding adult and must enter the event with a ticket-holding adult. It is irresponsible to leave your children unsupervised at the festival and incidents of this nature will be reported to the authorities.
Is the festival safe for children?
Party at The Palace is a very family friendly event; however, there are adults only areas of the festival (bars) and it is your responsibility to keep care of your children and/ or dependants at all times at the festival.
Where to Stay
What places can people stay locally?
It will be busy in Linlithgow on the weekend of Party at the Palace so it is best to book early. A list of places to stay is here
Is there mobile coverage at the site?
Yes. There is good coverage across all networks.
On the Move.....
Where will the event be located?
McEwan’s Party at The Palace has jumped across the loch for 2016. Taking on board the feedback from our post event evaluation in 2015, many people said they would like to see a second stage and this move will allow us to do that. In addition, it allows for easier access, it’s closer to the parking areas and more on site facilities such as improved kids zone and more food outlets. It still has an amazing view overlooking the palace and down the length of the loch. The planned site layout can be viewed here. We’ll see you on the other side!
Is the site suitable for wheelchairs and buggies?
Party at The Palace takes place on a grass field which includes an incline. The terrain may not be suitable for all types of buggy or wheelchair but our stewards are there to help and assist where possible. Loos for disabled people and baby changing facilities are available on site.
Tickets are available online as follows
For the cheapest tickets buy direct - and help to support local rewards and good causes using Loop Connections.Buy Adult Tickets @The Loop Buy Child Tickets @The Loop Buy VIP Tickets @The Loop
If you have been provided with an offer code by Party at the Palace you can use this when you buy @The Loop.Buy Tickets from TicketLine @TicketLine
Tickets are also available from Little Marley’s at 102 High Street, Linlithgow
Terms and Conditions
Entry to Party at The Palace will only be permitted on production of a valid ticket or e-ticket. Proof of age may be requested for concession tickets.Children (under 16) must be accompanied by an adult.
The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to ticket holders who arrive at the event drunk or who are behaving disorderly.
Ticket holders behaving in an anti-social manner will be asked to leave the site.
Only food or drink purchased on site will be allowed to be consumed at the event. No food or drink can be brought on to the site and this will be enforced by searches at the entry point.
We will operate a strict Challenge 25 policy at the bar areas. The details of the only acceptable forms of identification are available here.
Strictly no glass anywhere on site.
Strictly no pets anywhere on site.
Artists billed may be subject to change. No refunds or exchanges will be given unless these changes are to headline acts.
No refunds except in the event of a cancellation.
Party at The Palace Ltd are unable to accept liability for personal damage, losses or injuries sustained at this event including damage and losses to property and motor vehicles if the cause is due to negligence of the ticket holder or unforeseeable actions of other patrons.
Tickets cannot be used as any part of any marketing, media or sales promotion, whether commercial or non-commercial without the prior written consent of Party at The Palace Limited.
As a condition of sale, ticket holders consent to being filmed and / or photographed at the event.
The promoter will not issue duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets.
Please use the litter bins and help keep the site, surrounding areas and car parks tidy.
Please be aware of ALL exit points and follow directions given by stewards and event staff.
No pass outs or readmissions. Some exceptions may be allowed – email email@example.com for details.